Friday, October 26, 2012

Mine's a mini.....

So, the deed is done. After giving it a lot of thought (well, ok not much thought at all), I've ordered a 32GB black iPad Mini and rather exorbitantly a blue cover for it at an whopping extra £35

Truth be told I've been lusting after a small form factor tablet for many months now. I almost bought an HTC Flyer, and was very tempted by the Google Nexus 7, but I was fairly confident that Apple were at some stage going to release a smaller version of the world dominating iPad.

I'm glad I waited. This looks a stunning device, although nay sayers say it's overpriced, and the display not being retina isn't as good as it could have been.

Lets face it. Apple doesn't do "it's not as good as it could have been". This will be a superb device, and yes, no doubt in it's next iteration it may well get retina. But for me it's not a show stopper. It's not really even a show pauser.

I can't wait to get my hands on this little beauty, and all being well 'll get it on my birthday a week today. That'll be a nice present!

No comments: