Friday, May 13, 2011

In the balance: Reading 0-0 City

Bloody hell I've been so nervous all week, and it was a nervy 90 minutes watching City play the first leg of this Championship play off semi-final away at Reading. I was so nervous I had to hide behind two bottles of SA Gold.

It was a real hustle and bustle encounter, feisty at times in the first half and when Bellamy went off after 16 minutes I admit I feared the worst.

I though we were poor in that first period, giving possession away too easily in the middle of the park, unable to string two passes together. In truth though Reading pressed the last 20 of the opening half, neither side had a real clear chance.

In the second half City played better, but again the defences cancelled each other out. Neither keeper was troubled, and although Reading came close at the end, a draw was probably a fair result. I thought my MoM was Nauts (again) who was magnificent. I thought JET and Oli were poor. Oli wins the ball OK, but his control and passing so often let him down. The others worked hard, but no-one really stood out for me. Burke didn't get the ball often enough for my liking, and too many long high balls again to Bothroyd & Chops. We play so well when we play fast and on the ground. Why do we insist on booting it long?

So back to CCS on Tuesday and do it all over again. You'd like to think City have the advantage, at home in the second leg, but Bellamy's a doubt, Quinn limped off...but remember we beat Leicester last year, albeit on pens. I don't want to do that again though....Let's be positive. You'd take a 0-0 away from home any time in a two legged tie. Let's do 'em at home!

So no doubt the bookies will be odds on a South Wales final. There's water to pass under the bridge before that though.

Come on City...one more push.

Bluebirds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: