Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gezza to Hull

So on deadline day we've shipped out Anthony Gerrard to Hull, but no faces in (as far as we know).

The deal for Gerrard, a season long loan does unusually allow him to play against his parent club - interestingly the next match up for the Bluebirds on 11th September. However, this deal also means that Seyi Olifanjana, who's on also on a season long loan the other way, can play against the Tigers in that match, whereas until this deal occurred he wasn't going to be allowed to.

As I've said before, I think Gerrard has been unlucky not to get more of a go at City this term. Something seems to have given as he was the pick of the centre backs last year for me. He has been prone to making a couple of mistakes, but I always felt he was giving 110%. However, I wish him well this season - just not against the Bluebirds on 11th!

No comments: