Thursday, May 20, 2010

Well I suppose I should be posting about how excited I am that City are at Wembley for the 3rd time in 2 years and all that, but the truth is I'm incredibly nervous. 90 minutes away from Premiership glory, I just hope and pray that we don't blow it now.

To lose to Blackpool (with absolutely no disrespect to them - they've had a fantastic run) would be terrible. To fall just short of the tape after such a long, hard season would be too much to bear.

If we don't pip the Seasiders to the glory land, imagine how we're going to feel next season watching the Tangerines take on Man Utd, Chelski and Arsenal whilst we play Doncaster and Scunthorpe!

Apart from anything else, I'm hoping that the Bluebirds promise of a refund of season ticket costs to everyone who was stupid enough to buy one at Christmas (yes, that's me) stands - Almost £400 beer vouchers wouldn't go amiss!

I also fear that if we don't make it, we'll lose a lot of our better players - Whittingham, Ledley, Bothroyd, Chopra and McCormack to name a few, and that means we'll struggle to make an impact next term.

It really is do or die time. Please God. Just this once, smile on Cardiff City.

Who said "it's only a game"?

C'mon you Blooooobirds!

No comments: