Friday, April 30, 2010

Long time no post

It's been a while since I've posted, partly because I've been very busy, partly because not many people read this anyway (apart from the bloke that keeps spamming comments).

It's bee full steam ahead in preparation for the cricket season. Being Chairman, webmaster, point of contact for just about everything, U15 coach, groundstaff helper and general dogsbody takes a fair bit out of free time. It's been a bit of a nightmare over the last 3 weeks to be fair. I'm going to have to give some of those "jobs" up next year. Mind you, that's hat I said last year. This time I mean it though.

In other news I've been away for the best part of a week at our organisation's annual conference where I "dumb down" for the duration doing some proper work instead of my management role. I was working on the exhibitor registration desk being nice to people and handing out conference packs, badges and answering general enquiries. Fairly mundane, but nevertheless necessary stuff. The conference was in Bournemouth, a nice enough place, though I didn't get to see much of it, stuck in the conference centre 10 hours a day.

Mini (James) broke his arm last year if you remember, playing cricket. He had some pins and screws inserted into his elbow to keep it all in place. He;s in for day surgery today having the screws removed - in fact I'm typing this at his bedside, with him having just come out of surgery.

Nothing too much else of import to post just now apart from looking forward to the playoff's with Cardiff City aiming for Premiership glory....

No comments: