Saturday, April 03, 2010

Asus eee

I've brought my 7" Asus Eee on holiday to Florida. I really haven't used it that much of late (at all really), so this was a chance to give it a failry good road test.

It's been fine for checking my email, Twitter and blogging and checking up on eateries here in Orlando, though sometimes the small screen has been irritating when you have to scroll web sites. On the flip side, I had no qualms about chucking it into a suitcase - but it's pretty robust.

I've also been using Open Office Writer to write up my trip report - which you'll be able to check out from a post here when I get back and it's complete.

The only problem I've had is that it didn't like connecting to the wifi in the villa at first, even tough it could see it. Once it did connect though it's been fine and connects on boot now with no problem.

I'm using the default Xandros linux install but have tweaked it so I'm accessing the KDE desktop rather than the "Easy Mode" it comes set up with.

All in all, I'm reasonably happy with it, though would perhaps prefer the format of a slightly bigger 10" netbook.

No comments: