Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mobile Broadband

I've just (well a couple of days ago) bought a mobile broadband pay as you go (PAYG) dongle from O2. Not entirely sure why, as I'm not often out and about that much with my laptop, but I guess it will come in handy for when I am, especially given that the prevalence of wireless hotspots isn't too great in the areas I am most likely to use it).

Clearly there was absolutely no point in me getting a monthly payment one, and the PAYG seemed a decent deal. I'm sure you can argue the toss for other network carriers, but I've been pretty impressed with O2 in the 14 months or so since my switch to them from T-Mobile. Hopefully it should be arriving on Monday, so I'll try it out next week, as I'm due to go for an overnighter to Manchester during the week. Will report back on how it goes.

No comments: