Friday, November 27, 2009

Wheels, tyres and stuff

Tomorrow I'm going to get my wheel alignment on my car checked out. I had some tyres changed last week, and normally these places "urge" you to have your alignment checked at the same time - this time they didn't.

I had the other pair of tyres done earlier this year, and at the time the alignment was done. The result was that my steering wheel is now off-centre - it looks like I'm constantly turning the wheel to the right slightly just to go in a straight line.

There's no vibration or anything, but there is a constant pull slightly to the left. I seem to be getting through tyres at a rate of knots, and my fuel consumption seems to be dropping slightly, so some-thing's not right.

Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow and hopefully (!) it won't cost too much!

No comments: