Thursday, October 08, 2009

Decision time: Mac or Windows?

If you've been on the Lentil before, you'll know I'm in a laptop dilemma, but I can't dally for much longer. My birthday approaches and my good lady is ready to spend far too much money on me, so I need to make a decision.

Do I stick with the tried and tested Windows running on a Samsung Q320 (recently A-Listed by PC Pro) or do I have a rush of blood to my middle aged brain and go with (for me) a completely new OS in Mac Snow Leopard running on the devilishly handsome sleek Apple Macbook Pro?

Do you know what? It's getting so hard to choose it's stopping me sleeping at night. I'm swaying back and forth between the two faster than a very fast thing going very fast (as Baldrick of Blackadder fame might have said).

Logic has all but gone out of the window (if you'll forgive the pun). If I'd stuck with logic I'd have bought a dowdy netbook, but you're only (cough) 50 once. Today I'm swaying Macwards, having found that I could overcome my need to access an NTFS formatted external hard drive using an app called Paragon NTFS for Mac, and also of course that using Bootcamp I could boot into Windows for kay apps that I have in the Windows environment.

Tomorrow I'll be back on the 320. Pretty soon I'm going to have to decide for real - I fear it may come down to a coin...

No comments: