Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Panasonic KX-TG8423EB. It's just a phone

We've had a set of BT digital phones for a few years now, and they are truly awful. I don't recall what model they were, but everything about them was horrible, especially, and rather crucially the call quality - constant hiss and a volume you couldn't turn up above awfully quiet. I don't know what possessed me to buy them in the first place. Probably they were cheap knowing me.

Anyway, this week after many promises to "upgrade", we've done just that purchasing a three handset set of the rather snappily named "Panasonic KX-TG8423EB Digital Cordless Answering Systems" - a phone with answering machine to you and me.

I never buy anything remotely expensive and gadgety without scouring reviews, and these had pretty decent ones so I bit the bullet and shelled out a weighty sum on Amazon.

I have to say, they look very smart, and have enough bells and whistles to sink a battleship. I haven't quite worked out everything they can do - even the quick start guide looked complicated to me. On nice thing (and I know some other sets can do this too) is adding numbers to the address book on one and being able to automatically copy to the other two - worth it's weight in gold. I can even change the wallpaper to a Christmassy theme come the festive season. D'oh!

No -one's phoned yet, so no idea what the call quality is like!!!

No comments: