Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Spring is in the air...

I don't know about you, but every now and then I get a "sense" of something. Maybe I'm mad, who knows, but they're just small, often apparently incidental moments that in fact mean much more.

I had one of those moments leaving work today.

As I left the building just before 5pm, I first noticed that the sky was clear (relatively), almost had a blue tinge to it, and it struck me how light it was. Thinking about it of course, it's getting on for a month since we had the shortest day, so the days are drawing out, albeit slowly, but it was really noticeable this evening. The other thing was that it was very still, and I could hear birds cheeping away in the trees - also something I haven't heard on leaving work for a while - at least that I can remember.

It seemed to me therefore that I was witnessing the first sign that the darkest days of winter are over, and spring is round the corner. Obviously there's a ways to go yet, but the world is waking up.

No comments: