Sunday, December 14, 2008

Photogene for iPhone

OK, the Apple iPhone's camera is not the best on a mobile device in the world. Not by a long way. But it's there, and for taking occasional snaps it'll suffice. After coming from the Treo and Centro devices from Palm, the iPhone camera is pretty good believe me!

But, it has it's drawbacks. The camera functions are limited, and the snaps will not be that great.

However, I've recently splashed out a whopping £1.79 on an application from the App Store called Photogene and I have to say, for less than two quid it's a steal.

Basically, it allows you to retouch your photos on the go. It offers a number of basic but servicable tools which are:

  • Crop
  • Rotate
  • Sharpen
  • Brightness/contrast levels (histogram)
  • Colour alteration - temperature and saturation
  • Effect - B&W, Infrared and some horrible bright colour thing
  • Add symbols (like speech bubbles type of thing)
  • Border and background
  • Undo and redo
  • Reset
It's not going to make a bad photo into a good photo, but it might make a poor photo into a servicable photo. I've only had it on my iPhone 15 minutes, and I think it's worth every one of the 179 pennies I paid for it.

No comments: