Monday, October 20, 2008

Faster broadband?

Apparently this little item (marked "1" in the picture), can increase your broadband speeds if your line suffers interference from your bell wire in your telephone master socket.

This gizmo is called the "i-plate" and fits between two parts of your BT master socket, can be self fitted in about 2 minutes and - if the reviews are anything to go by, can dramatically improve performance of your broadband speeds, though that's not of course guaranteed.

As I can routinely only get about 1.7 meg according to my regular speed tests on thinkbroadband, though my package is "up to 8 meg", I thought I might as well give it a shot. It's £13 including postage, so if it doesn't work, it's not the end of the world. I'll let you know how I get on.

By the way, I bought it from Broadbandbuyer

No comments: