Monday, September 22, 2008

Treo Pro for Murray

Murray over at Palm-Mac has succumbed and purloined himself a Treo Pro. I'm going to be interested to see how he gets on with this device. I thought he wouldn't wait long, but given his recent history - he's been abandoning them as fast as he's been acquiring them - so it's a 50/50 shout whether this Windows Mobile unit will make him smile or wince!

Personally, I think it looks great, but reviews have been mixed - some people think it's brilliant, others OK and some think it's just something to keep diehard Palm fans off the company's back until a Nova handset appears.

Ultimately how a device performs that's the key. I'm not particularly a WM fan, and I know Murray isn't, but I'm sure part of it is that old Palm pull. If I was in the market for a new phone (and I'm not, being more than happy with my Centro just now*) the two devices I'd be looking at are the iPhone 3G and this Palm Treo Pro

* I might not be gasping for a new device just now, but there's a big difference between "need" and "want"...

No comments: