Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Successful e-bay sale

The HTC S710 (Vox) I had for sale on e-bay went over the weekend. Winning bid was a tad over 100 notes, which is frankly a bargain for a half decent device, so congrats to the buyer who took a punt.

I'd naturally checked to see what 710's were going for beforehand, and basically it's anything upwards of about £90, so I can't really complain about my £105, although to be honest I'd rather hoped for a bit more.

Anyway, it's gone, shipped, is no more and I've got 100 big ones in the gadget "kitty" (unless I spend it all on beer on this weekend's cricket tour!)

I'm not desperate to change my Centro at the moment, although I am keeping tabs on reviews of the Treo Pro (ordered one yet Murray?) which I think looks a cracking device and I also have half an eye on the PAYG iPhone due to hit O2 stored on 16th September. The bottom line though, is I'm happy with my T-Mob contract and I don't want to chuck that to move to a worse plan on O2 just to get hold of an iPhone.

I am eligible for an upgrade on T-Mob, though there's nothing on their upgrade list that takes my fancy - certainly nothing that would replace the Centro (which I bought SIM free / unlocked anyway), and it would as well tie me in for another 12-18 months, so I'm just keeping my options open. I just wish I knew if there's any likliehood of an unlocked iPhone appearing. Probably not, at least for a while I'd guess.

No comments: