Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Inept reporting

This is the sort of thing that really, really annoys me.....no, really.

The BBC, and specifially Jamie Lillywhite, reporting on today's washed out cricket ODI between England and South Africa at the Swalec Stadium (formerly known as Sophia Gardens) in Cardiff, said...

..."But the weather was against them and those who questioned the wisdom of playing in Cardiff in September were sadly proved right..."

Well excuse me!

As it happens, September in Cardiff is normally very nice - much better than the rest of the summer as it happens, and to be honest, but if you are going to pick holes in the scheduling the wisdom that needs questioning is not so much scheduling it in Cardiff (anti-Welsh bias if ever I heard it), but scheduling it in September at all. It hasn't just been raining in Cardiff today mate if you've checked on the weather. You'd have been lucky to play this match anywhere in the UK today.

And what about the fact that the County Champinioship is scheduled to continue until the end of the month? Any problems with that? I suspect not.

I despair. And I'm not even Welsh!

No comments: