Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cricket Tour

I'm going on cricket tour next weekend. 16 reprobates unleashed on Torquay.

There are a few "rules" for the tour that I thought I'd share with you.

1. Everyone must have a "karaoke song". At random times during the tour someone might pipe up (for example) "Statto, Statto give us a song", at which point I'm obliged to start crooning. It could be at breakfast, on the pitch, in the pub - who knows. Problem is, I hate karaoke, and I'm not a good singer.

2. Saturday night evening wear rule is that trousers can not be blue (jeans included), black, greay, brown or any combination thereof that is deemed to be "normal". OK, off to the charity shops for that one I think.

3. Everyone must carry a glove with them at all times. There will be an hourly "glove check". It doesn't matter what sort of glove, you just have to have one.

Obviously, failure to comply with one or any of these rules at any time will result in a hefty fine or forfeit (probably related to alcohol).

I'll update you after then weekend, when I might be skint, have been hugely embarrased or be suffering from alcohol poisoning.

No comments: