Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Catty stuff

Not content with drawing us closer to the poverty line (I jest, but only just) following last week's feline health shenanigans, it's been another fun couple of days with Gizmo, as we learn more about the joys of cat ownership.

Yesterday I got a call from my son on his return home after school to tell me he'd found a very dead bird in our bedroom. To be fair to him, he even got rid of it and hoovered the feathers up. At the time Gizmo was apparently sat on the bed looking very smug. Our first "present", and no doubt we'll get more in time to come.

As an interesting aside, when I asked my son what sort of bird it was, he said "sort of sparrow-like".

"Well was it a sparrow?" I enquired.

"I don't know" he said.

Think about it. If he doesn't know what a sparrow looks like, how can he say it looked "sparrow-like"? Teenagers.

Then, this morning I woke up to the sound of horrible retching, and moggie being very sick on our bedroom floor! He seemed fine straight after, and I couldn't detect any sparrow or feathers, so it might just have been a furrball.

These are the delights that they don't tell you about in the fluffy kitten "Looking after you new cat" book that my daughter has......

No comments: