Saturday, May 03, 2008

Dinas Powys CC up and running for the season

My cricket Club, Dinas Powys CC finally got their 2008 season up and running today with the 2nd XI beating Newbridge by 108 runs - a comfortable victory in the end.

It's been a dismal start to the season with the last two weekends warm up matches being called off due to rain and the 1st XI match succumbing today as well.

My good lady drove me up to the ground this afternoon for a couple of hours and I hobbled over to watch the 2's on a slow, damp, green, and very grassy wicket, but it was just nice to see some cricket being played. The 1 and 2's look strong this year so hopefully will do well. There's also a Sunday friendly fixture list and a Midweek League as well as junior squads at U9, U11 and two teams at U13, the latter squad being the one I coach.

Of course following my op there's no danger of me playing this year, or even perhaps ever again competitively. Might have to stick to the coaching and keeping the web site up to date.

So the club's looking healthy. All we need is some nice summery weather to go with it!

No comments: