Sunday, April 06, 2008

FA Cup Semi Final. I'll be there - in mind at least

The biggest day in Cardiff City's history for 81 years, and I won't be there. I was desperate to go to Wembley to see them take on Barnsley in today's FA Cup Semi-Final, but following my knee operation a week lastThursday, discretion became the better part of valour as I decided it was just too much risk/effort to make the round trip of what will be a very long day (the bus left at 8am this morning) on crutches and painkillers.

Mini-Stats has gone - he, along with his mate from school and my wife's niece who has kindly stepped into my shoes boarded the Wembley bound bus at 8am this morning. I've had a text already to say they're watching a Soccer AM DVD on the bus! I hope they have a great day!

I'm restricted to watching it on the telly. Still, at least I'll be relatively comfortable, and I'm hoping (quietly, confidently) that they'll beat the Tykes and I can make the trip for the final on 17th May.

C'mon you Blooobirds!

No comments: