Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Aaaarghhh!!

If it's not one thing it's another!
A couple of days ago my Internet connection was all to pot but mysteriously corrected itself overnight.
Today I can't send email.
Well I can, but only some.
I've sent a load of emails with no problem, but 3 refuse to go. One's a plain vanilla 3 liner, and the other two have smallish Word documents attached.
Never had any problems before and I know all the email addresses are valid. They just sit in the Outbox of my Outlook 2003 and steadfastly refuse to budge.

My Outlook suggests some problem with the POP/STMP servers, as per the message below, but why do some go and these two not?

"Task 'pop.dsl.pipex.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'"

I'm really hacked off by this. Although I'm a long time Pipex user, I reckon their service has gone badly downhill since Tiscali took them over (no surprise there I guess), and experiences like the other day when they professes no knowledge of problems yet I couldn't connect don't help that assumption.

I guess I'll wait and see if the great Internet Fairy clears it all up overnight, but I'm not hopeful.

Whilst I'm on the subject, Outlook 2003 with Vista is a pain as I think I've mentioned before. It won't let me send and receive without forcing me to put my password in every time - a sly ploy to get you to upgrade to Outlook 2007. Well I won't.

No comments: