Thursday, January 17, 2008

Treo 680 Update

For all you Treo 680 users out there, Palm has released an update that provides the following:
  • Corporate email as it arrives – Have your corporate email delivered to you with Microsoft® Direct Push Technology. Accept or decline meeting invites and access your company directory on the go.
  • Power saving enhancements – Helps conserve battery life with improved power management and updated default system power preferences.
  • Supports larger expansion cards – Supports up to 4GB SD expansion cards (including the SDHC format), sold separately.
  • Enhanced ringtone support – MP3 and other sound files purchased from the web or sent from friends can now be set as ringtones and alerts (formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, MIDI, WAV, and AMR). ²
  • Three updates in one – This update incorporates three previously released software updates: Treo 680 Camera Update (January 2007), Treo 680 Security Patch (May 2007), and Treo 680 Unlocked GSM smartphone SMS Update (July 2007).
I've seen some varying reports on this, some suggesting the update process isn't as stable as one might like. I haven't taken the plunge yet, but I'm not using my 680 as my main device at the moment. I think I'll just hang on a bit...

No comments: