Friday, January 04, 2008

Long hot summer days

I don't want to wish my life (or rather this year) away, but during the long cold, wet dark nights of winter, it's nice to have something to look forward to. This summer we're going to Zante (or Zakynthos if you like) to a resort called Kalamaki. Never been before, but the write ups are decent. It's far enough away from the throbbing nightlife of Laganas at the other end of the bay to keep me sane. All I want is a bit of sun (no problem there methinks), a pool or warm sea, and access to a bar that serves cold beer.
My daughter who's 10 (she'll be 11 when we go) has been on about going to Greece for about 5 years - lawd knows why, so this'll tick the box for her. If anyone's been to Zakynthos before, especially Kalamaki, post a comment and let me know what you thought about it. Make it good though - too late to change our mind now - it's paid for!

No comments: