Saturday, December 01, 2007

A Tigerish Point: Hull 2 - 2 City

After their charter flight to Hull was diverted to Manchester and an emergency landing, City finally came away from the KC stadium with what seems to be a well earned point. Hull have been in good form lately, and were 1 up in 3 minutes, but Steve "The Tomahawk" Thompson equalised after 6 minutes. Kasper Schmeicel saved a penalty before Hull went ahead again just before the break. I was accepting defeat, when I got a late, late text which I thought was going to tell m that Hull had won, but which in fact said Roger Johnson had equalised for City in injury time. We don't get many late goals, so this one was very welcome indeed. I haven't seen a report, but seeing as how recent matches have gone, I'm guessing Jones threw Johnson on as an extra striker. I still reckon that he's one of the most consistent and committed players in the team. I'm certainly glad he was there today. The result still leaves us in 20th spot, but a win at home on Tuesday against Charlton could lift us to 15th, and we have a game in hand on most teams above us - that's the Blackpool game this month, and the seasiders are on place below us, so that'll be a big one..

No comments: