Monday, December 03, 2007

This is the age - of the train. Not

I'm off to the Smoke on Thursday for an overnighter, on a course. The course should be ok. Good chance to meet up with some colleagues, maybe learn a bit and who knows, even get an hour or two of shopping in on Oxford Street?
The problem is though, I'm going (as usual) by train. I hate trains. They're normally, late, overcrowded, and are definitely overpriced. A standard class ticket from Cardiff comes to about £150. I'm going to be traveling back on Friday evening, some time between 5pm and 6pm which must be just about the worst time to travel from London. If I'm lucky I'll get a seat. If I'm not, chances are it's a stand from Paddington until at least Swindon or Bristol. That's what your £150 gets you. And they're putting the prices up!

No comments: