Thursday, December 27, 2007

So close: Watford 2 - 2 City

Well City travelled to Watford for their Boxing Day clash, and I have to admit I wasn't expecting them to get anything out of it. My first text told me that City had scored first through the superb (my view) Roger Johnson, a lead they held until after the break when the Hornets equalised. A third text tone suggested to me that Watford had taken the lead but no! Peter Whittingham had put us ahead again! I waited and waited for the final result text, and when it came it wasn't....ex City boy Jobi McAnuff had equalised with what must have been the last kick of the game. So a point, but it was more than I'd been expecting, and would have taken it before the start. But to only draw when you've been ahead goining into time added on is gutting.
Preston now on Staurday, and more points I hope. Again I'd take a draw with Plymouth visiting City on New Year's Day, but 3 points at Preston would be superb.
C'mon City!

No comments: