Monday, December 31, 2007

Out with the old, and in with the new: Happy New Year and all that

So that was 2007.

Here's my personal highs and lows.

Highlights
  • An early break in February at Center Parcs (Longleat) - terrific
  • Seeing my niece (and God daughter) get married in May - a great family wedding
  • Another great holiday in Majorca, in Puerto Pollensa
  • Playing for my cricket club (Dinas Powys CC) against an invitation Glamorgan XI as part of our 125th anniversary celebrations.
  • Seeing my (then) 12 year old son in his first proper senior cricket match take 4-13 with his legspin against Blaengarw
  • A brilliant family weekend break in early September in the Gower as part of the celebrations for my in-laws 60th wedding anniversary
  • Watching City put up a great performance against Liverpool at Anfield in the 4th round of the Carling Cup

Lowlights
  • Exacerbation of the arthritic problems with my knee, resulting in me being listed for an operation - if I was a horse they'd shoot me
  • Noticably deteriorating eyesight - need my glasses more and more
  • Haven't won the lottery (yet) - well not enough to retire on
  • Seeing Michael Chopra go to Sunderland for £5m
  • Watching Cardiff City underachieve after a great start to the 06/07 season.
  • Watching Cardiff City underachieve in the first half of the 07/08 season
  • The rainy summer
So there we go - I'm sure there are more in both categories, but that's what I can think of now.
Into 2008, and let's hope it's a good one for everyone.

Naturally I have a couple fo New Year resolutions







  • Lose weight (I've been saying that for about 8 years)
  • Take my good lady out more - never seem to have the time - always in front of the PC, playing cricket or skittles etc etc
  • Be more tolerant......well maybe two out of three!
Happy New Year!!!

No comments: