Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Got a new motor!

Got my new car. Well, my "nearly new" car. As previously posted, I'm not into buying brand new motors.
This lovely shiny vehicle, is a late '06 model Ford Mondeo "Edge" 2.0 TDCi, in a very nice blue colour and I'm very pleased with it It's a step up from my previous, trusty Renault Scenic, giving me more comfort, power and a much better mpg return being a diesel.
I don't know if it's just the 4-5 years that's elapsed since I bought the Renault, or just that this version of the Mondeo is well equipped, but it has some great touches which I love. These include:
  • rain sensing wipers - yes, you switch them on to intermittent wipe and the car works out how much water is going on to the screen and adjusts the wipe speed accordingly - clever or what? No, I don't know how it works either.
  • auto headlights - set to auto, the lights come on automatically when the ambient light drops below a certain level. Handly for those who can't tell if it's dark - but then they shouldn't be behind the wheel anyway
  • heated front windscreen - Ford have been doing this for years granted, and I think most of their models and ranges now come with this as standard. I don't know why other manufacturers don't do this (maybe they do?)
Early days yet obviously, but I'm looking forward to driving this car. I've always liked Fords - had a few before, and it's nice to be back.

No comments: