Friday, October 01, 2004

Creaking Bones

Getting old is a perception. It happens to all of us, yet some hack it far better than others. Take me. I'm 45 in a month and there are days when I feel 85 going on 90. It's my bones you see - they're knackered. Im waiting for an arthroscopy on my knee (that's keyhole surgery to the uninitiated) where they'll peek in and tell me the knee's buggered. I know that already because of the pain and swelling, - but they'll tell me just how bad! Then there's my feet. Apparently, though not convincingly related to my knee is virtually constant foot ache/pain. It's bad enough that I have to take regular painkillers and I've tried different types of "miracle cure" insoles (all to no avail). Walking down the stairs in the morning is an art form in itself. Personally I reckon it's arthritis, inherited from my dear old Mum [ see previous post] (are you listening Mum?!). I eventually gave in and went to the quack's today. He showed a certain degree of indifference to my plight and signed me up for enough blood tests that I'm going to have to give an armful on Monday. I'll let you know how I get on......

No comments: